Whey is the liquid remaining after the milk has been curdled and strained. But before we know what whey is, let’s quickly take a look at what proteins do for our bodies.
What are proteins? What do they do?
Protein is a substance that has amino acids, compounds and carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and sometimes sulfur. In other and simpler words we can say that protein is a type of nutrient.
Protein is responsible for maintaining the structure of our bodies. As it is believed that “Flesh makes Flesh” – By German Nutrition Scientist Carl Von Volt.
Protein is an important component of every cell in the body. You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals.
So coming back to the main Question, WHAT IS WHEY? Whey is a product of cheese making — it’s the watery part of milk that separates from the curds. Some people use whey as a source of protein or as a supplement for health conditions.
After being separated during cheese production, whey goes through various processing steps to become what people generally recognize as whey protein — a powder that is added to shakes, meal replacements, and protein bars.
Whey protein doesn’t taste very good on its own, which is why it’s usually flavored. Chocolate-, vanilla- and strawberry-flavored powders are popular. But it displays results like nothing else. FUN FACT – Cow Milk has 20% WHEY and 80% casein and Human Milk has 90% WHEY and 10% casein.
So WHEY plays a major role in the world of sports nutrition. It helps you to repair your muscles faster. Which, in turn, will help you build your body mass faster than usual.
Below Listed are few benefits of WHEY Protein.
Whey supplements can increase the release of anabolic hormones which help to stimulate muscle growth.
Whey protein may be able to lower blood pressure.
When blood pressure is lowered, the risk of heart disease or stroke is lowered as well.
In addition to suppressing appetite, whey protein can burn fat.
Eating more protein can result in the suppression of the appetite, which can lead to reducing calorie intake. – Hence Resulting in Weight Loss.
Protein is highly satiating, meaning that it is filling, and can suppress cravings for food.
Whey protein may also help to reduce chronic inflammation.
Those who suffer from diseases with chronic inflammation may benefit from high doses of whey protein.
So above mentioned were the few among many benefits and advantages of WHEY PROTEIN. Whey protein is commonly used for improving athletic performance and increasing strength, so if you are an Athlete or a Bodybuilder, then you must explore the benefits and advantages of WHEY.
Many have reversed the use of WHEY to help accomplish their Weight Loss Goals.
Eating whey protein supplements before exercise will not assist athletic performance, but it will enhance the body’s protein recovery and synthesis after exercise because it increases the free amino acids in the body’s free amino acid pool.
3 FORMS OF WHEY
CONCENTRATES – have typically a low (but still significant) level of fat and cholesterol but, in general, compared to the other forms of whey protein, they are higher in carbohydrates in the form of lactose — they are 29%–89% protein by weight.
ISOLATES – are processed to remove the fat and lactose — they are 90%+ protein by weight. Like whey protein concentrates, whey protein isolates are mild to slightly milky in taste.
HYDROSLATES – are whey proteins that are predigested and partially hydrolyzed for the purpose of easier metabolizing, but their cost is generally higher. Highly hydrolyzed whey may be less allergenic than other forms of whey.
- Fitness has become a priority for people all around the world. Wherever you go, you will find a community of Fitness Enthusiasts involved in any sort of workout activity. It can be Athletics, Gymnastics, Weight Training, etc.
- Physical Activity is a must. We are living in the age of harmful food habits. Such Unhealthy food habits break down our bodies from the inside out. There are so many Chronic Diseases that have victimized people who did not have a regular physical activity lifestyle.
- The Bottom line of the article link above says that “Active People Generally Live Longer“! We should not give such unhealthy habits and lifestyles to decide when we will die.
- These are some STATS and BENEFITS of Physical Activity listed by the CDC, which is very informative. Click Here.
- Muscle Building is very popular and the most pursued form of fitness activity. And Muscle Building or Bodybuilding will never die. But the important question is, how many of you know How to Build Muscle or How does the muscle Grow? Isn’t it better and safer to build muscle knowing how our anatomy works?
- As we lift weights, there is a constant process of contraction going on in our muscles. Our muscles are made up of Muscle Fibers. Thousands of muscle fibers join together to form our muscles. And those Muscle Fibers are made up of Myofibrils and Sacromeres. A myofibril is a rod-like unit of a muscle cell. And Sacromere is the basic contractile unit of a muscle fiber.
- So in Layman’s Terms, Myofibrils and Sacromeres are responsible for the contraction of our muscles during workout. The brain commands these two to contract. To be specific, Motor Neurons commands them to contract the muscles. As they say, Practice makes a man perfect. In this case, practice and regular lifting will basically keep improving the communication between the Motor Neurons and Myofibril and Sacromere.
- So do you know what is the scientific name of Muscle Growth?, its called Muscle Hypotrophy. Muscle Hypotrophy occurs when the body repairs damaged fibers by combining them. Muscle activity is very different from what some may think it is.
- If you want to dive deep and study the anatomy of Muscle and how it works. Click here.
The Right Way to Build Muscles!
- Progressive Muscle Growth – The process of building your muscles should be slow and steady. You will not last long in your bodybuilding venture if you try to bypass your body’s ability. You need to understand the signs and indications your body gives to you. Some people cross lines by lifting weights beyond their ability. That gets you nowhere. Instead, it will get you to the hospital. You must increase your weights gradually, as increasing the weights, will cause your muscles to grow.
- Patience is Key – The world in which we live in wants everything superfast. FastFood, Fast Service, etc. But when it comes to building muscles and improving our body, we need to give it time. Many have given up working on their bodies as they were discouraged by no improvements. But, Muscle Building takes time. There is a very famous quote that says “The night is the darkest, before the dawn” You may feel that you are not getting anywhere, you may see no results yet, BUT DON’T GIVE UP. These are the times you need to test your patience and never stop working out.
- Eat every 3 hours – The normal Human tendency and the cultural standard that is set for all houses and families in India is to eat 3 meals a day. Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner. But if you want to build your Muscle Mass, you must eat every 3 hours. Keep it Light.
- Increase Your Protein Intake – Protein plays a major role in Muscle Building and Muscle Growth. What is the basic function of PROTEIN? Our body uses protein to build and repair damaged tissues in our body. It is also considered as a building block for our muscles, bones, cartilages, skin, and blood. So as a whole Protein does great things for our body. And we can say that protein is absolutely necessary for your body whether you want to build your body or not. WHEY also is very crucial to causing growth in your muscles. Though it’s not necessary, it is strongly recommended.
Where does Maxener Wellness come in the scene?
Maxener believes in giving you the best so that you can give your body the best. We manufacture our own products. Since we are a Sports Nutrition company, we proudly claim that we are manufacturing products in every product category.
If you are determined to GET UP and change your body and above all pursue a healthier lifestyle, then Maxener Wellness should be your Final Resort.
We work in a very Close-Knit Network with Body Builders and Fitness Experts around the country. These Body Builders and Fitness Trainers are influencing many young souls to pursue fitness. So we are constantly updated and made aware of the Quality of our products by their feedbacks.